How Will Hamamatsu Work With You?
If you decide to work with Hamamatsu, the first step will be to meet with an engineer to discuss your requirements.
You’ll cover topics such as:
- Functionality and performance requirements (ideal and current set up)
- Sample characteristics e.g. wavelength, light intensity, movement, size of object(s), operating speed
- External dimensions and interface
- Price target
- Relevant industry standards e.g. CE, FDA, AEC-Q100
- Alignment of future product roadmap
Hamamatsu’s manufacturing team will then put together a plan of what opto-semiconductor device(s), optics, circuitry and software are required and start to build your design.
This will be based on our extensive experience combined with the latest modelling tools to reach the precise performance – cost target for your application.
Throughout the process there will be frequent communication and iterations on designs to ensure a high quality finished device that works for you. You will have the opportunity to test prototypes and Hamamatsu can run tests for you too.
Once satisfied, your module will go into mass production.
Timeframe will vary significantly from case to case depending whether you request a simple customisation of an existing module or a completely new device.